Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease identified in late 2019 caused by a newly discovered coronavirus and was declared a pandemic on March 11. It is a large group of viruses that cause disease in animals and human beings. The coronavirus got its name from a distinctive Corona or a crown of proteins that project from the virus surface. Decrepit specie of coronaviruses usually causes upper respiratory symptoms such as cough or runny nose, although some can cause more serious illness.
How does the COVID-19 spread?
- Coronaviruses like COVID-19 mostly spread through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact (within a range of 6 feet’s).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, can land into the mouth and nose of people who are standing nearby.
- This virus is viable to spread through contaminated surfaces and objects having different period in varying medium, such as: Viable in the air for up to 3 hours, on copper for up to 4 hours and on cardboard for up to 24 hours and surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel for up to 3 days.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, you should consult your doctor immediately.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Persistent pain or pressure in chest
These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
Following are the precautionary measure you should obey:
- Clean your hands more often at least up to 30 seconds at a time especially after sneezing or if you have been in a public place.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose and eyes without washing hands.
- Avoid contact with sick people and large public gatherings.
- Keep a distance between you and other people of at least 6 meters (in public).
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing with tissue or inside of your elbow.
- Wear facemask in public places
- Clean and disinfect the surfaces which are frequently touched.
HANS International has always been providing the best of sterilize instruments dedicated to your safety and satisfaction because we care for you. In this situation of worldwide pandemic let’s care for each other and play our role in controlling the disease. Your one preventive measure can save the lives of thousands.