A new virus called Coronavirus COVID- 19 has been identified as the cause of disease breakout that began in China at the end of 2019. It is the type of virus that can cause severe lungs damage resulting in common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). This virus has been declared as pandemic worldwide and the cases are emerging rapidly. At the moment there are no vaccine or proper treatment available. World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are monitoring the situation and posting updates, treatment and prevention recommendations on their sites.
What are the precautionary measures I can follow?
Since there are no vaccines or proper treatment available, the best we can do is to follow precautionary measure for greater good. WHO and CDC recommended following measures so that you don’t catch COVID- 19 virus:
• Avoid large Gathering & Public events: Stay away from gatherings, cancel any events or meetings if you have. Because they symptoms start appearing after week, so you don’t know who is already holding that virus.
• Quarantine yourself: Stay at home as much as you can. It assures you the less chances of catching disease. As disease transmits from human to human contact, so better to avoid interactions and to think about others and yourself too.
• Keep Distance of about 6 feet’s: If you think any one is sick or showing symptoms, stay away at about distance of 6 feet, as the virus range at the distance of 6 feet from infectious person.
• Wash your Hands frequently: Wash your hands now and then especially when you are coming back from public place, coughing or sneezing. As COVID- 19 shows oily outer layer, that layer can be breakdown by using soap for up to 30 seconds. Furthermore, alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol can also be used and as also do the same job.
• Wear Face mask while you’re in public place: Both sick and healthy people should wear face mask so that no one can get contaminated by virus. Healthy person should wear it as precautionary measure while the sick one should wear it so that other people can’t catch virus.
• Cover your Cough and Sneezes: Cover your sneeze and cough with tissue paper or use inside of your elbow and don’t sneeze or cough in air as the droplets remains in air for quite a time. And one tissue is used, through it in dustbin.
• Avoid touching Face, Nose & Eyes: An average person touches his/her face 2000-3000 times a day according to report. So, exercise to avoid touching your face, nose or mouth unnecessarily as these are the areas from where virus enters into your body.
HANS International has always been working to provide best of it’s instruments ensuring they are disease free and advice you to follow, share the following steps for greater good as “We rise by caring for others“